Bibliography of hesitation phenomena resources
This section of the FPRC is devoted to collecting articles, books, and other resources related to filled pauses, hesitation phenomena and closely related topics. It is not to be regarded as an exhaustive list, but I hope that it is fairly comprehensive, and that anything not in this list is either so new I haven't added it yet or cited by one of the resources already in the list (hence, just one step away, as it were).
The whole blasted list
You can browse the entire list here. It is a filterable list so you can easily narrow it down to topics, authors, or years that you are interested in. You can also download the entire list in
bibtex format, if you like.
In the interest of helping researchers and others get up to speed on these various topics quickly, I've assembled a few recommended reading lists, or, spotlight lists, each focusing on one particular research area or theme, and comprising a few key works (usually around ten published works).
- The CORE of filled pause research These are the works that every current filled pause researcher should know and cite.
- The founding of hesitation phenomenology These works are from the early years of research on hesitation phenomena.
- Filled pauses in second language acquisition and pedagogy For those who are interested in second language acquisition either as a researcher or as a teaching practitioner
- Filled pauses for non-academics A list of resources that are aimed more at lay people; without all the technical jargon and hardcore statistics
- Acoustic phonetics of filled pauses Just what it says: some key works that look various acoustic phonetic features of filled pauses
- My greatest hits! Shameless promotion of some of my own work...